Kylie's Practice Areas
Attorney, RSH Legal — Cedar Rapids, Iowa – Oct. 2019 – current
- Plaintiffs’ civil litigation work. Represent injured Iowans’ workers’ compensation claims. Research and draft legal documents, attend hearings, and advocate for injured individuals.
Law Clerk, Law Office of Raphael Scheetz, Iowa — June 2018 – Oct. 2018
- Research complex criminal law and immigration issues. Draft briefs, memos, and forms. Assist with trial preparation. Participate in client meetings. Research and write articles related to criminal and immigration law.
Research Assistant, Dean Carin Crain — University of Iowa Law School, Iowa — May 2018 – Dec. 2018
- Research on broad range of topics related to the legal field, such as general information on law firms and careers. Draft weekly job opportunity spreadsheets for distribution. Create alumni directory. Support Career Services Staff as needed.
Social Media Manager, The Corridor Car Guy — Coralville, Iowa — Oct. 2016 – June 2018
- Create, curate and manage all published content for social media platforms and blog. Develop brand awareness and online reputation using a unique personality to target specific audiences. Cultivate sale leads through consumer interaction.
Legal Intern, Planned Parenthood of the Heartland — Des Moines, Iowa — May 2015 – July 2017
- Legal research and writing in areas of family law, health law and general policy issues. Work as part of the legal team under the supervision of the General Legal Counsel while independently working on projects ranging from casework to extensive legal research.
Political Chair, Law Students for Reproductive Justice — Iowa City, Iowa — Aug. 2015 – May 2016
- Update members on current legal and political situations impacting the group’s interests. Plan and manage group events such as fundraising and awareness walks. Create and curate content to be disseminated publicly via newsletters.