- Workers’ Compensation Case Manager
Please scroll down to see descriptions of each position and instructions on how to apply.
Workers’ Compensation Case Manager
Who we are:
RSH Legal is a Cedar Rapids law firm that dedicates itself to getting justice and fairness for Iowans who have injury, disability, or employment claims. Our firm represents individuals, not companies. We pride ourselves on offering experienced representation with integrity and compassion. We provide our clients with highly personalized legal service.
What we need:
Position (Full-time, In-person): Workers’ Compensation Case Manager
Our workers’ compensation team handles a wide variety of cases and legal issues related to injuries arising out of work, including working for client’s medical benefits and fair disability compensation.
The workers’ compensation case manager will work primarily with the attorney who manages our workers’ compensation practice area. However, there may be cases that also involve personal injury claims against a third-party. We encourage interested candidates to read about our practice areas on our website: https://www.fightingforfairness.com/cases-we-handle/
The case manager generally assists with managing all workers’ compensation matters at all stages of intake and litigation. Specific areas of focus include:
- Assisting with the screening of potential clients according to attorney-defined criteria;
- Working with clients to gather and organize key information and documents at various phases and turning points of the case from intake through trial.
- Being the main point of contact for our clients when navigating the difficult workers’ compensation process.
- Corresponding with third parties including insurance companies, medical providers, government agencies, expert witnesses, and others to request and receive key documents.
- Guiding cases through judicial timelines and processes, including by managing case deadlines and progress
- Overseeing the flow of written document exchange with opposing legal counsel, including both responding to requests and managing and organizing incoming information;
- Assisting with all aspects of scheduled court events and trial, including attending events when needed
- Serving as a front-line resource for clients and the liaison between attorneys and clients throughout the duration of the representation;
- Providing scheduling support as it relates to client meetings, depositions, mediations, court events, and other case- or client-related events.
- Maintaining organized digital case files
- Generally supporting the workers’ compensation practice area needs.
We are a highly collaborative office and, like all of our case manager positions, this is an in-person position.
We do not require prior case manager or other legal experience. We also do not require any specific degree or certificate. Instead, we believe that employees who succeed at our firm demonstrate the following:
- Strong interpersonal skills and the desire to work in a collaborative, team environment;
- A desire to provide compassionate support and guidance to clients engaging with the legal system in response to life changing events;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to manage a high volume of cases and clients across a multi-year lifespan
- A proactive and thoughtful approach to problem-solving and a commitment to continuously learn, adapt, and embrace new challenges
- Excellent technological skills. Our firm uses a cloud-based case management system and our personal injury practice group maintains both digital and paper files. We seek candidates who are or can become proficient in:
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook (calendar and email)
- Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Cloud-based file management and data entry
- Electronic court filing systems
- Zoom and other videoconference platforms
What we offer:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience;
- Employer-paid health, dental and vision;
- Employer-paid retirement;
- Paid parking downtown;
- YMCA membership;
- A career where you are truly making a difference in the lives of people who need help
- The opportunity to work with skilled and supportive colleagues
- A first-class office environment committed to providing quality technology and resources
- Practice management resources and training
- Office hours are M-F, 8:30am to 5:00pm, with a 1-hour lunch, but we also require some additional time, particularly when preparing for significant events in a case, such as trial, mediation or deposition
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please compose a letter addressing the following questions:
- What excites you about this career opportunity?
- What experience do you have working in a role that requires managing a long-term project or assignment from initiation to completion?
- What personal or professional challenge or growth are you proud about?
- What are your salary requirements?
Please email a cover letter and a copy of your resume to the following address:
425 2nd St SE, Suite 1140
Cedar Rapids, IA 52401