If you have been seriously injured in Cedar Rapids because of someone else’s fault, you need to speak with an experienced Cedar Rapids personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. The skilled legal team at RSH Legal has decades of experience fighting for fairness for Cedar Rapids citizens and we can get you a fair settlement for your case.
Personal Injury Cases That We Handle
Our Personal Injury Lawyers Work on a Contingency Fee Basis
As Cedar Rapids personal injury attorneys, we work on a contingency fee basis. This means that you don’t have to pay us any money until we make a financial recovery for you.
Any expenses associated with your case are also fronted by our office. They will be paid out of any settlement or verdict we get for you.
So many injury victims don’t call an attorney after a car accident, medical error, or nursing home neglect because they believe it will cost them money to do so. Our consultations are ALWAYS free, and you can get the answers you need from an experienced Cedar Rapids personal injury attorney.
5 Mistakes People Make During Their Cedar Rapids Personal Injury Cases
- You don’t pay your medical bills. The other side is not required to pay your medical bills until it is ordered to do so by a judge after a trial. Until then, you are responsible for making sure your medical bills are paid on time. Our personal injury lawyers recommend that our clients submit their medical bills to their own health insurance company. The insurance company can be reimbursed after settlement or trial for any medical bills they paid for you. However, your credit can be ruined if you don’t pay your medical bills on time.
- You continue to use social media. The other side’s insurance company will do a social media search on anyone making a personal injury claim. They will then use this information to lowball your settlement offers. If you use social media to talk about your injuries or post that you’re not seriously injured, you can lose out on thousands of dollars in compensation. Even if you have your social media privacy settings on high, insurance companies can – and have – gone to court to get access to what you post. Our personal injury attorneys tell our clients to avoid making social media posts at all until their claim is resolved.
- You don’t treat your injuries. You should get whatever medical treatment a doctor recommends until you are healed or until the doctor says you’re as healed as you’re going to get. This is called reaching “maximum medical improvement.”
- You don’t settle your case or file a lawsuit within two years. Generally speaking, you have two years from the date you were injured to settle your personal injury case or file a lawsuit. This is known as the statute of limitations. While there are exceptions to this two-year rule, you should begin collecting evidence as soon as you are able.
- You don’t talk to an attorney. Some personal injury claims don’t require a lawyer. But many people make the mistake of never talking to an attorney about their case. This results in thousands of dollars in lost compensation. To get the compensation you deserve, you should talk to a lawyer about your claim as soon as you can. Contact our Cedar Rapids personal injury lawyers at 1-800-433-0283 today and get a free consultation.
Personal Injury Damages You Could Get Compensation For in a Cedar Rapids Case
There are a variety of damages you may be entitled to in a Cedar Rapids personal injury case. Your personal injury lawyer may seek damages for:
Economic damages, including:
Your lawyer may also seek non-economic damages, including:
Non-economic damages can be difficult to prove without the help of an experienced Cedar Rapids personal injury lawyer. This is because placing a monetary value on something like “pain and suffering” can be difficult. If you are seeking non-economic damages, your best bet is to hire a lawyer who has experience with personal injury matters. A skilled personal injury lawyer can analyze your case and determine what a fair settlement would be. Don’t go up against the other side’s insurance company without an attorney to fight for fairness for you. Call us today at 1-800-433-0283 to get your free, no-obligation case evaluation.
Board-Certified Trial Attorney
AV-Rated Trial Attorney
A car came through the median and we were hit head on. Every bone in my body from my lower jaw down to the bottom of my feet was broken. My medical bills were in the hundreds of thousands of dollars. I can’t imagine going through something like this without someone like Tim or RSH Legal.See more Client Reviews